Entering the world of professional Diving is an exciting prospect for anyone who loves the ocean and becoming a qualified PADI Divemaster is the first step into it.
Based in the beach lovers Mecca of Byron Bay, this experience provides everything you need to get started in the world of Scuba Diving, all provided by a fully certified, PADI Dive Centre run by amazing Divers with a whole heap of experience the world over.
With accommodation, equipment hire, all course materials and even return airport transfers, you really can just kick back knowing you are well on your way to living the dream and turning the ocean into your office.
Throughout the Dive modules, you’ll be taught everything from the very basics of forming your Open Water certification, advanced certification, equipment maintenance and first aid right through to teaching techniques and PADI Dive specialities.
With a healthy mix of pool training, classroom sessions and, of course, open water dives, you’ll clock up a solid amount of time underwater, solidify your dive skills and gain the knowledge and confidence needed to pass on your Dive stoke to the next generation of SCUBA Divers.
Of course, that all adds up to an amazing CV primed to open up career paths across the world, from the warm waters of Thailand to the pristine reefs of Australia.
Our Byron base offers the best of all worlds, with custom made Dive facilities including multiple classrooms, wet rooms and a spacious training pool.
But, of course, the real fun is to be had at the infamous Julian Rocks, just a 5 minute boat ride from the sandy beaches of the Bay.
This immaculate Dive site has been voted amongst the top 10 Dive sites in Australia, boasts an ocean temperature of between 20-27 degrees year round and a whole heap of epic marine life.
Grey nurse shark season (May – November) is a massive highlight but throughout the year this marine reserve is home to Manta Rays, Leopard Sharks, Turtles, Wobbegong Sharks, Bull Rays and of course a beautiful array of corals and marine life on a smaller scale!
Byron Bay itself offers some great non-dive activities too. Whether you head up to the lighthouse for a sunset, kayak around the many beaches and bays or try your hand at Surfing some of the amazing surf spots this area is also famous for, it has something for everyone.
So get stuck into the world of Diving, gain a world recognised qualification, learn in an amazing location and get stoked for the amazing travel and working opportunities it could open up for you. We won’t lie, getting there will sometimes be hard work (the Practical Rescue course modules are a beast!) but all that hard work will be quickly paid off when your underwater surrounded by shoals of fish in your new ‘office’.
Already certified to open water, advanced open water or rescue diver? No worries you can still join the course – contact us for options and discounted prices.
Not ready to head all the way to Divemaster just yet? Check out our scuba dive courses in Byron Bay.
|Course Start Dates||February, April, June, August, October, December|
So what exactly does a Divemaster certification allow you to do?
- Supervise training and non-training activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Assist an instructor during training sessions
- Conduct Skin Diver courses and Discover Snorkeling.
- Lead certified divers.
- Conduct Scuba Reviews
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
- Guide Open Water students on the tour portion of Open Water course (not open water dive 1)
- Accompany Open Water students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during: surface swims and navigational exercises, when the instructor conducts a skill, a Divemaster can remain with other students
- Accompany students during Adventure dives or specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Zero to Hero structure, perfect for those who want to get everything under their belt in one go.
- Accredited PADI dive centre
- Mix of classroom, pool training and open water lessons
- Includes everything you need, from accommodation to equipment rental
- Learn at one of Australia’s top Dive sites
- All inclusive of everything from Open Water to Divemaster
- Kick back with your fellow divers at the self contained divers lodge
- Gain 4 world recognised PADI qualifications and enter the world of professional Diving
- Includes a whole heap of additional Dive certifications to help build your skills for your CV
- 2 weeks of hands-on work experience included
- Return Airport transfers (Brisbane or Coolangatta)
- Full PADI courses from Open Water through to Divemaster
- All course materials
- Divemaster manual and registration
- First aid and O2 administration course
- Equipment service technician course
- Marine vessels care and maintenance certification
- Compressed air cylinder filling certification
- Accommodation throughout (self contained divers lodge)
- Weekly BBQ every Sunday
- Equipment rental throughout course
- All dives
- 2 weeks work experience as a Divemaster
Please note a dive medical is NOT included. This can be arrange pre course for around AUD$70
Discounted rates available for those with existing diver certifications, contact us for more details