Entering the world of professional Diving is an exciting prospect for anyone who loves the ocean and becoming a qualified PADI Divemaster is the first step into it.
Based in on the island paradise of Fulidhoo in the Maldives, this divemaster course everything you need to get started in the world of Scuba Diving, all provided by a fully certified, PADI 5* Dive Centre.
Throughout the Dive modules, you’ll be taught everything from the very basics of forming your Open Water certification, advanced certification, equipment maintenance and first aid right through to teaching techniques and PADI Dive specialities.
With a healthy mix of lagoon training, classroom sessions and, of course, open water dives, you’ll clock up a solid amount of time underwater, solidify your dive skills and gain the knowledge and confidence needed to pass on your Dive stoke to the next generation of SCUBA Divers.
Of course, that all adds up to an amazing CV primed to open up career paths across the world, from the warm waters of Thailand to the pristine reefs of Australia.
“I couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful place to complete my divemaster training!
– Sarah, UK
Your base for your 4 weeks of divemaster training is the stunning island of Fulidhoo in the Vaavu Atoll, based in the world famous Maldives – where palm trees line the beach and crystal clear waters lap onto the sand.
And although accommodation isn’t included in the course we can certainly help you pick the right base on the island – check out the info tab for more details on this.
You’ll get to experience some incredible dive sites – drifting in the current across colourful coral gardens, cruising alongside curious white tip reef sharks, through huge schools or fish and even get to experience the adrenaline fuelled night dive with the local nurse sharks – which is something you will never forget!
By the end of your divemaster course in the Maldives you’ll be a confident and competent dive master – ready to embrace the world of professional diving and pass on your stoke to other beginning their journey into the big blue.
And if you’d like to take a bit more time completing your Divemaster training in the Maldives this course can be extended to 8 weeks giving you more time to dive, gain on the job experience, chill out and enjoy paradise – just contact us for more details on visa options.
Not ready to complete your divemaster certification yet?
Check out our range of other scuba dive courses in the Maldives instead
|Course Start Dates||Weekly|
So what exactly does a Divemaster certification allow you to do?
- Supervise training and non-training activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Assist an instructor during training sessions
- Conduct Skin Diver courses and Discover Snorkeling.
- Lead certified divers.
- Conduct Scuba Reviews
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
- Guide Open Water students on the tour portion of Open Water course (not open water dive 1)
- Accompany Open Water students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during: surface swims and navigational exercises, when the instructor conducts a skill, a Divemaster can remain with other students
- Accompany students during Adventure dives or specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Based on the island paradise of Fulidhoo in the Maldives (Vaavu Atoll)
- Dive warm, tropical waters with a range of Dive sites
- Famed for its incredible night shark dives
- Mix of classroom, pool training and open water lessons
- Includes everything you need, from accommodation to equipment rental
- PADI 5* dive centre
- Professional team of experienced Dive Instructors to guide you through
- All classroom materials
- Great range of Dive sites, coral gardens, drift and night dives
- World recognised qualifications
- Full PADI training curriculum and certification
- All Dive equipment and manuals
- Experience team of qualified instructors
- Fun diving throughout
- On training work experience
- Speedboat transfer from Male Airport (daily, 75mins) – $50USD
- Local ferry transfer from Male Airport (3 x weekly, 3.5hours) – $3.5
- Accommodation options (double room inc breakfast) – from $40USD per night
- Homestay options available – please contact us for details
- PADI Divemaster Pack (payable direct to PADI) – approx £200
Accommodation options on Fulidhoo include;
- Kinan Retreat (Beachside) – from $60
- Luau Beach Inn (Beachside) – from $55
- Eveyla Guesthouse – from $45
- Malas Island View – from $45
- Sancia Lodge – from $45
- Island Break – from $120
- Thundi SeaView (Beachside) – from $75
- Fulidhoo La Perla – from $50
- Fulidhoo Ihaa Lodge – from $40
(please contact for more info on accommodation options and availability)