Have you already tried Diving or already possess a Dive qualification?
Do you love to explore the underwater world?
Why not turn it into the perfect way to work and travel the world?
Jumping into the world of Divemaster training (no pun intended!), you’ll find yourself based on the island paradise of Koh Tao, one of the Eastern Thai Islands. This place is a Mecca for Diving, with a great variety of Dive sites and marine life, including the infamous Whale Sharks.
Your Divemaster training will prepare you for life as a Dive professional, you’ll clock up a whole heap of Dives and learn how to transfer your passion into a job, which could see you bouncing around the globe and living in some truly beautiful places.
“Becoming a Divemaster has not only improved my diving but it’s opened up a great way to travel and work”
Taking in Dive specialties like night dives, deep dives and marine identification, you’ll leave Koh Tao with a worlds worth of knowledge and a solid amount of Dive experience… That is of course if you ever leave Koh Tao!
Our professional team of Divers can qualify you for either SSI or PADI Divemaster (they’re same same but different!) and will take you through all the modules to solidify your confidence, teaching techniques and Dive skills, leaving not only an all round better Diver but with a world recognised qualification which is your first step into professional Diving.
The island itself is a work hard, play hard place, as a backpacker haven, it’s not short of some great nightlife. So if you have a day off, you can join the pub crawl, let curiosity lead you to the ladyboy cabaret or simply kick back in one of the beach bars with an ice cold Chang and good company.
One of the best parts of this experience is that you can take your time finishing it up.
Only got 6 weeks, no worries!
Got a few months? Perfect, gain even more Dive experience and have a bit more room for some days off!
How long you want to take is pretty much down to you!
As a worldwide qualification, it will allow you to work as a professional Diver all over the globe, you can’t really ask for more than that!
Want to go all out?
Check out our zero to hero Divemaster Course on Koh Tao – which goes includes open water all the way to divemaster, including accommodation and dive kit!
Not ready to go all out on a Divemaster course? Why not opt for an Open Water instead?
|Course Options||Divemaster Course, Divemaster Course + Accom|
So what exactly does a Divemaster certification allow you to do?
- Supervise training and non-training activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Assist an instructor during training sessions
- Conduct Skin Diver courses and Discover Snorkeling.
- Lead certified divers.
- Conduct Scuba Reviews
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
- Guide Open Water students on the tour portion of Open Water course (not open water dive 1)
- Accompany Open Water students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during: surface swims and navigational exercises, when the instructor conducts a skill, a Divemaster can remain with other students
- Accompany students during Adventure dives or specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Work and play in the island paradise of Koh Tao
- Great variety of Dive sites and marine life
- Leave with a world recognised qualification and new career path
- Choice of PADI or SSI certification
- Enjoy Diving in crystal clear, warm waters
- Gain work experience with a world renowned Dive centre
- Potential for paid work post-qualifications
- Soak up island lifestyle in one of the most beautiful locations in Thailand
- Ticket to go live the dream!
- All equipment (and a 10% discount if you wish to buy your own)
- Full SSI or PADI qualifications
- Accommodation (shared dorm) for 6 weeks (Divemaster Package only)
- Professional tuition by an experienced Dive Instructor
- Work experience shadowing real life Dive courses
Course materials (depending on certification body) are as follows – payable locally;
- SSI – £150
- PADI – £205