Ever wanted to learn a new language on your travels? Well learning Spanish in Ecuador, South America is a great place to start!
You’ll be based in the amazing, beachside surf village of Montanita. A hidden gem on the South American backpacker route, where beautiful year-round weather, amazing beaches and mojitos collide to provide the perfect location for an Epic Gap Year experience!
Our Spanish School partners cater for all levels of Spanish language, so whether you’re brushing up before your big trip or a complete newbie wanting a new challenge, you’re in safe hands. With lessons covering everything from grammar and structure through to a range of vocab.
“I came to learn Spanish, I left being able to surf, salsa and having made some amazing friends”
And with stays from 2 weeks to 3 months to choose from, you can tailor it to suit your time frame and needs.
You will also be staying in easily the best backpacker accommodation in Montanita, The Cabanas. It sits about 2 minutes stroll from the centre of town and the beach, is staffed by some of the friendliest Ecuadorians you’ll ever meet and consists of cabana thatched huts surrounding the pool.
Not a bad place to base yourself from!
Package that Surf Lessons or board hire and you’re set to get right into the beach life of Montanita.
You can practice your new found language skills shopping around town or getting to know the friendly locals over a cocktail or two in the evening… Followed by a night of salsa dancing of course!
Or you could simply choose to spend the day relaxing at the beach or in a hammock beside the hostel pool…
You’ll leave having immersed yourself in South American culture, got to grips with a new language and having made a whole heap of new friends – both locals and fellow travellers.
Want to travel more whilst learning Spanish? Then our Traveling Classroom Experience might be more up your street – click here to check it out.
Or if you want to really boost your Spanish skills why not try our home stay experience instead – same great course but you get to live Ecuadorian style with a local family.
- Small groups catering for all levels of Spanish
- Plenty of free time to explore and get to know the locals
- The Perfect start to your South American adventure
- Option to add on salsa dancing, cooking lessons, yoga and local excursions
- Friendly and experienced Ecuadorian teachers
- Even split of grammar and application lesson
- Ride some of South America’s best surf spots
- Get fully immersed in Latino life and culture
- Poolside accommodation just a short walk from the beach
- Salsa the night away at the infamous cocktail alley
- Accommodation throughout (6 person share dorm)
- 20 hours group Spanish lessons per week, split across 5 days (max 6 per group)
Surf lessons/board hire as follows;
- 2 & 4 week experience = 1 week surf lessons/board hire
- 6 & 8 week experience = 1 week surf lessons/board hire
Upgrades to private accommodation and private Spanish lesson available, as well as other lengths of stay, please contact us for more details.