Indonesia is a huge archipelago of over 17,000 islands and, as a result, it’s miles of coastline are fast becoming a favourite stop off on any world travels. Although infamous for it’s world class surf, Indonesia also plays home to some amazing dive sites and a perfect variety of them too.
With warm water teeming with life, this part of the world is acclaimed by even the most experienced divers. One of the most popular spots is Gili Trawangan, the home of our dive suppliers in Indonesia.
Gili T is a backpacking favourite in Indonesia, although it boasts a real mix of travellers. Only a few hours boat trip from it’s more popular cousin of Bali, it leaves the chaos behind and is well and truly on island time, with bare foot walks and push bikes being the name of the game as the island has no motorised transport.
The real draw of Gili T is the diving though. The island is fringed by coral gardens in every direction and is famed for it’s thriving Sea Turtle population. With Manta Rays, White and Black Tip Reef Sharks and even Dolphins thrown into the equation, you’re spoilt for amazing marine life encounters! We offer the full spectrum of dive experiences here so if you want to try it or go all the way to Divemaster, we’ve got you covered.
Like all of our dive experiences, Gili T really is a great balance of amazing diving, perfect location and good vibes. When you’re not busy under the water, you can kick back in a hammock and watch the world go by, enjoy some local cuisine at the many small beach restaurants and, of course, party the night away with a mojito or too!
“Gorgeous island and gorgeous diving, I really enjoyed my time there”
Whatever course you choose, you can expect great professional instruction both in water and land based theory, plenty of time exploring the variety of dive sites that surround the island and, of course, leave with a world recognised qualification and a new found love of the ocean.
We’ve left the accommodation option open on this experience, allowing you to pick something that suits your budget. Our team will be more than happy to point you in the direction of somewhere we’ve stayed that will be an epic base for your time on Gili T.
Want to dive but Gili T isn’t the place for you? No worries, check out our dive experiences in Phi Phi, Khao Lak, Koh Tao, Cairns or Byron Bay instead!
|Course Options||Discover Scuba Dive, Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver|
- Discover Scuba Diving; The perfect place to start for those who want a taster without committing to a full course. You’ll be guided through a few basic skills before being chauffeured around underwater by a fully qualified instructor for 2 Dives. Max depth 12m.
- Open Water; Your first step into the world of professional Diving, this course will teach you all the skills needed to get you started. Following a series of pool training sessions and ocean dives, you’ll walk away with a full PADI qualification. Max depth 18m
- Advanced Open Water; A great bolt on to the OW experience this is a great way to practice your skills (especially buoyancy) and clock up some more dives too. We highly recommend doing the deep water specialty so you can then dive to 30m. Max depth 30m
- Rescue Diver; So you’ve discovered a real passion for Diving and want to take the next step to turning it into a career? The Rescue Diver qualification is the first challenge on that route. Learn to recover missing divers, safely get them to shore and administer life support. It’s a tough module but heaps of fun and it will really solidify your existing Dive skills. Max Depth 30m
- Introduction to diving right through to professional qualification
- Professional, PADI qualified instructors
- Dive warm, tropical waters with a range of dive sites
- Professional team of experienced dive instructors to guide you through
- All classroom materials
- Fully accredited 5* PADI dive centre
- Great range of dive sites
- World recognised qualifications
- Full PADI and training curriculum and certification
- All dive equipment and manuals
- Dives as follows;
- Discover Scuba Dive – 1 Dive
- Open Water – Pool work + 4 Dives
- Advanced Open Water – 5 Dives
- Rescue Diver (Inc EFR Course) – Approx 5 Dives
**PLEASE NOTE; ALL divers on Gili T need to pay a one time reef tax of 50,000IDR (approx £2.50), which is taken local upon enrolment into your course**