Learning to Dive is one of the most rewarding and exciting experiences you can get involved in on the road, it literally opens up a whole new world to explore!
All the Epic Gap Year team are keen Divers, it’s a hobby, passion and something you can indulge in all over the world. So investing in your Diver Certification is one of the best moves you can make as a traveller.
Our Dive Courses in Khao Lak, Thailand, are the perfect introduction into the big blue or to get further stuck into your professional Dive certifications.
We offer the full range of Dive courses in Khao Lak, from Open Water right up to professional qualifications to start a career in the Dive industry. How far you want to take it is entirely up to you but we promise, once you sink under the surface you’ll be hooked!
Our suppliers in Khao Lak are a fully accredited PADI 5 * Dive Centre, which means you will be in the best possible hands for the entirety of your Dive Course, no matter what level you’re aiming for.
“The guys in Khao Lak were amazing, I feel confident under the water and the Dive sites have spoilt me!”
You will be guided through pool, classroom and open water modules by professional and experienced staff who will,no doubt, pass on their stoke for bubbles to you. With a maximum student to instructor ratio of 5:1 (3:1 on Discover Scuba Dive experience), you’ll have all the attention and supervision needed to successful pass your PADI Dive Course.
All our Khao Lak Scuba Dive Courses include open water sessions on the infamous Similan Islands, which offers some of the best Diving in Thailand and, in fact, Asia as a whole. Our team thoroughly recommend it! As soon as the theory and pool sessions are done and dusted you’ll be able to explore some of the best marine environments on the planet!
Situated in the beach side town of Khao Lak (an hour or so North of Phuket or an easy overnight sleeper bus ride from Bangkok), you will be taught in state of the art teaching facilities with a custom built Dive Training Pool, giving you the most effecient, effective and comfortable way to learn.
Want to learn to Dive but Khao Lak isn’t the place for you? No worries, check out our Dive Experiences in Phi Phi, Khao Tao, Gili T, Cairns or Byron Bay instead!
|Course Options||Discover Scuba Dive, Open Water (House Reef), Open Water (Similan Day Trips), Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver|
- Discover Scuba Diving; The perfect place to start for those who want a taster without committing to a full course. You’ll be guided through a few basic skills before being chauffeured around underwater by a fully qualified instructor for 2 Dives. Max depth 12m.
- Open Water; Your first step into the world of professional Diving, this course will teach you all the skills needed to get you started. Following a series of pool training sessions and ocean dives, you’ll walk away with a full PADI qualification. Max depth 18m
- Advanced Open Water; A great bolt on to the OW experience this is a great way to practice your skills (especially buoyancy) and clock up some more dives too. We highly recommend doing the deep water specialty so you can then dive to 30m. Max depth 30m
- Rescue Diver; So you’ve discovered a real passion for Diving and want to take the next step to turning it into a career? The Rescue Diver qualification is the first challenge on that route. Learn to recover missing divers, safely get them to shore and administer life support. It’s a tough module but heaps of fun and it will really solidify your existing Dive skills. Max Depth 30m
- Introduction to Diving right through to professional qualification
- State of the art training and classroom facilities
- PADI 5 * Dive Centre
- Professional team of experienced Dive Instructors to guide you through
- All classroom materials
- Great range of Dive sites, from deep Dives to wrecks and beautiful coral gardens
- World recognised qualifications
- Open water sessions in the famous Similan Islands
- Max student to instructor ratio of 5:1 (3:1 on Discover Scuba Dive Experiences)
- Full PADI training curriculum and certification
- All Dive equipment rental and manuals
- Return transfers to Khao Lak from Phuket
- National Park fees
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on open water dive days
- Dives as follows;
- Discover Scuba Dive – 2 Dives
- Open Water – 4 Dives (+ pool sessions)
- Advanced Open Water – 6 Dives
- Rescue Diver – 4 Dives (+ pool sessions)