If you’re a powder junkie, there’s no better office space to make your money on than the piste, passing on the stoke to people new to the sport as a fully qualified Snowboard Instructor.
Not only does it come with heaps of job satisfaction but it opens up a whole new realm of travel. Allowing you to season hop across the globe, from the infamous peaks of Whistler to the Alps and even Japan.
Our New Zealand Snowboard Instructor Course is based in the adrenaline capital of Kiwi land, the infamous Queenstown.
Based on the slopes of Coronet Peak and The Remarkables, this 11 weeks course comes packaged with everything you need to get started in the world of Snowboard Instructing, from an internationally recognised qualification (SBINZ Level 1 and 2) through to training sessions, video feedback, avalanche safety and season lift passes.
“Since qualifying, I’ve worked in some amazing snowboard resorts. It’s an epic lifestyle choice!”
Over the course, you will live, sleep and breathe snowboarding. Covering backcountry training and freestyle as well as the technical skills needed to successfully work as a Snowboard Instructor yourself.
But it’s not just about the snowboarding, you’ll be based in one of the most enjoyable, picturesque cities in the whole of New Zealand that’s an Epic Gap Year Team favourite!
Queenstown itself boasts more adrenaline activities than you can shake your backpack at, including white water rafting and skydiving. So to make the most of your time we have even included a bungee jump into the mix!
You’ll be based in shared accommodation throughout your course with a short walk into the centre of the town, so you’ll have access to shops, restaurants and the pumping nightlife too.
What’s more, our ski instructor course even includes a Heli Trip. Allowing you to put your new found skills to the test, take in the breathtaking views of the surrounding mountain ranges and have an epic day in untouched powder with all your newly found snowboarding buddies.
Simply put, you will be enjoying a beautiful country, making some amazing friends, carving up heaps of freshly dumped snow and setting yourself up for an amazing new job role.
|Course Dates||24 June – 9 Sept 2017|
- 11 week course
- World recognised qualifications
- Accommodation throughout
- Heaps of added extras
- Based in the adrenaline Mecca of Queenstown
- Snowboard 2 of New Zealand’s best ski areas, The Remarkables and Coronet Peak
- Enjoy Queenstown, the heart of the New Zealand backpacker scene
- Set yourself up for an amazing career change with the mountains becoming your office
- Video analysis, technical workshops and freestyle training included
- After-qualification employment help and advice
- World class trainers from Coronet Peak’s Snowsports School
- 10 weeks of training (3 days per week including 2 exam weeks)
- Lift line privileges during training session, more snow, less lines!
- Video analysis and evening feedback sessions
- 11 weeks accommodation (shared room basis)
- Free transport to ski areas EVERY day of the week (variety of pickup times)
- SBINZ membership, exam fees and technical manual
- New Zealand Level 1 and 2 Qualification (pending successful completion)
- SBINZ Children’s Certification
- Heliski Trip
- Season Lift Pass (For the Remarkables and Coronet Peak ski areas)
- Backcountry and avalanche safety training
- Freestyle training
- Bungee Jump!
- Equipment, clothing and workshop discounts
- Employment assistance and advice
- Tuning and equipment clinic
- Arrival airport transfer (if needed from Queenstown airport)