The surfing lifestyle is one of bronzed skin, sun bleached hair, no worries and adventure in far flung lands infused with culture and adventure – and our 10 week South Africa Surf Adventure captures that vision perfectly!
You’ll be exploring this beautiful and varied country, taking in all the sights, sounds and experiences that make South Africa such and amazing location to travel, and of course to surf!
No matter what your surf level there’s something to get you stoked on this trip.
If you’ve only had a few lessons that’s no worries – you’ll be coached on the basics of the sport by some of South Africa’s most experienced and qualified surf instructors. In fact, many of them are ex-professional surfers and between them they have a number of South African National Titles!
For those with a bit more experience they’ll be able to push your surfing to the next level, giving you feedback on your style and execution. They’ll always be on hand for advice and of course join you in the water during free surfs to shout encouragement!
So no matter what your surf experience, you leave the course more confident, competent and even more stoked than ever!
You’ll hit up world famous breaks like J-Bay (home of the ASP World Tour Event) and also some less known, less crowded but equally amazing spots like Coffee Bay.
This experience isn’t only about the surfing though – it’s a well rounded South African adventure that allows you to really get under the skin of the country and meet heaps of the locals, which is one of our favourite bits about travelling the world!
It’s as much an outright adventure as it is a surf trip!
To give your arms a bit of a break and help you get the most out of South Africa we’ve included heaps of epic activities such as hiking Table Mountain, testing your nerves on the world’s highest bungee jump, visiting a local shaper at his factory (where you can even get a custom board made) and of course going on a game Safari to snap some pictures of South Africa’s most famous residents!
“Everything I wanted from my surfing trip and much much more”
There’s also a big focus on community during the adventure, and you’ll get to volunteer on a number of projects throughout the 9 weeks. These include teaching local kids the joy of surfing with the guys at Waves For Change, helping paint and build school buildings or simply playing some beach soccer with the locals.
You’ll have plenty of opportunity to give back to the amazing communities who welcome you in and score some great travel karma in the process – always a great addition to your CV too!
By the end of the 9 weeks you’ll have a camera crammed full of pictures, a mind full of incredible memories, a whole heap of new surf buddies and he ability to paddle out and enjoy surfing at a variety of surf breaks with your finely tuned skills on the waves.
The 9 week South Africa Surf Experience really does tick all the boxes!
Don’t have 9 weeks to play with? Check out our 6 Week South Africa Surf Trip or if you want even more adventure check out our 13 Week South Africa Surf & Mozambique Adventure!
|Start Dates||6 July – 7 Sept 2017, 6 July – 7 Sept 2018|
|Availability||Only 3 Spots Left|
Settle in, master the basics of surfing, explore the best of Cape Town and help out in local townships.
Enjoy new surfing challenges with the right coaches on hand to help you meet them.
Jeffreys Bay – aka J’Bay
Surf world-class waves and get involved in environmental projects. Live life on the beach.
Go back in time and enjoy simple South Africa. Peace and quiet, some African culture, great food and empty waves.
Enjoy the buzz of South Africa’s ‘Surf City’ and refine your surfing off the piers amongst the country’s best. Staying right on the powerful waves of the Bluff will also set new challenges.
Take on the North Coast power, or refine your surfing in town. It’s time to get the 4*4’s ready for Mozambique.
- Explore two of the most diverse and beautiful countries in the world
- Heaps of inclusions; as much adventure as surfing!
- A truly unique way to travel and surf
- Caters for al levels of surfing
- 8 epic stops
- Community projects throughout (some awesome travel karma!)
- Surf coaching from some of South Africa’s top surfers
- Wide array of included extras – more than just a surf trip!
- The ultimate travelling surf experience!
- Welcome braai
- Surf rentals for the start of the trip
- Full surf mobility
- Coaching from South Africa’s most highly regarded surf coaches
- Unlimited additional coaching from your Ticket to Ride Trip Leaders
- Small student to instructor ratios
- Surfing on the right equipment
- Getting coached on world-class consistent waves
- Discounts on equipment including Clayton Surfboards
- A surfboard and swell talk
- A leaving dinner party
- Return airport transfers
- Full UK support pre-departure
- The opportunity to climb Table Mountain
- Time with the Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- The chance to conquer the world’s highest bungee jump
- A tour of Clayton Surfboard Factory
- The chance to ride the Flow Rider
- Safari game drive
- A visit to the Cape Winelands