If you’re in search of a truly epic surf adventure then look no further than our 13 week experience through South Africa and Mozambique!
A combination of our popular 10 week South Africa Surf Adventure and our 3 Week Mozambique Surf Adventure it combines expert tuition, incredible adventure and amazing community projects to form 13 weeks of awesome!
This experience is suitable for all levels of surfer. You’ll be coached by some of South Africa’s top instructors, some of whom have even competed on the world tour. Whether you’re still trying to get to grips with the perfect pop up or you simply want to add some more style to your cutbacks they’ll push you to surf better, longer and more confidently, which will allow you to make the most of the amazing surf breaks where you stop off.
“Such an incredible adventure – I’m already planning my return!”
Throughout your trip you’ll stop off at some of the most iconic surfing spots South Africa has to offer—with the likes of J’Bay being one of the highlights of the ASP World Tour—and spend your days paddling out and enjoying world class waves. You’ll also spend heaps of time exploring the surrounding area and some of the incredible sights and sounds that the country has to offer.
You’ll take in the views over Cape Town from the famous Table Mountain, enjoy local food markets, go on safari on the lookout for Africa’s big 5, and heaps more!
As you cross over the border into Mozambique you’ll load the boards onto 4x4s and get well off the beaten track, tackling sand roads in search of warm water perfection, enjoying evening yoga sessions by the ocean and snorkelling with manta rays on an ocean safari.
It’s as much as an adventure as it is a surf trip!
You’ll also get involved in numerous community projects throughout the 13 weeks, helping give back to the locals who make your time in both countries so memorable and unique. Pass on the stoke teaching kids from the townships how to surf, help repaint some of the school buildings or simply chill out with some of the great characters you’re bound to meet along the way.
What’s more, you can choose to add on your Level 1 Surf Instructor Certification and Surf Lifesaving Award into the adventure to form our Ultimate Surf Instructor Training Course. This means you’ll be leaving with a world recognised qualification that will allow you to teach all over the globe. It’s a great way to get even more from your time on the road and many of the Epic Gap Year team will tell you how it opens up some great travel opportunities.
After 13 weeks you’ll have fallen in love with South Africa and Mozambique, made a whole bunch of new friends from around the world and embraced the beach bum lifestyle that makes surfing so addictive!
|Start Dates||Sept ’18, Jan ’19, Sept ’19|
|January Availability||Only 3 Earlybird Pricing Spots Left!|
|September Availability||Only 8 Spots Left|
Settle in, master the basics of surfing, explore the best of Cape Town and help out in local townships.
Enjoy new surfing challenges with the right coaches on hand to help you meet them.
Jeffreys Bay – aka J’Bay
Surf world-class waves and get involved in environmental projects. Live life on the beach.
Experience the wild coast! Get out of the town and into the bush, with great waves on the doorstep.
Go back in time and enjoy simple South Africa. Peace and quiet, some African culture, great food and empty waves.
Enjoy the buzz of South Africa’s ‘Surf City’ and refine your surfing off the piers amongst the country’s best. Staying right on the powerful waves of the Bluff will also set new challenges.
Take on the North Coast power, or refine your surfing in town. It’s time to get the 4*4’s ready for Mozambique.
Stopover In Mozambique
After a long drive, enjoy a swim in the pool with a cold beer and a delicious dinner.
Relax in a hammock or go fishing in between long surfs in tropical water. Everything now works on ‘African time’.
Surf until your arms drop off on the low tide, then explore the market and local restaurants.
- Explore 2 of the most diverse and beautiful countries in the world
- Heaps of inclusions; as much adventure as surfing!
- A truly unique way to travel and surf
- Caters for al levels of surfing
- Get off the beaten path in Mozambique
- 10 epic stops across 2 beautiful countries
- Community projects throughout (some awesome travel karma!)
- Surf coaching from some of South Africa’s top surfers
- A wide array of included extras—more than just a surf trip!
- The option to complete a world recognised qualification
- Accommodation throughout (shared dorms)
- Climb Table Mountain
- Visit and sample the produce of the Cape Winelands
- Meet penguins on the beach
- Conquer the world’s highest bungee
- Hold a baby lion at a lion cub sanctuary
- Clayton Surfboard Factory tour
- Ride the Flow Rider
- Head out on a game drive safari
- Evening yoga in Mozambique
- Ocean safari—snorkel with manta rays
- The option to add on daily breakfast and evening dinner 5 nights per week during the 10 weekSouth Africa section (£550)
- Option to add on surf instructor & surf lifesaver certifications